Here's a fun little number I finished a couple of weeks ago, combining lots of my favourite things.
Collarless - check. Rolled sleeves and tabs- check. Different fabrics front and back - check and check!
This is Butterick 5826, with a heavy influence of this blouse from Anthro. Ignore the terrible cover images, and you have a pretty useful pattern. Basically, it's view A with the yoke line on the back taken from View B, without using the whole yoke over the shoulder. The front is a poly print that could basically serve as my current colour palette, the back and sleeves are an off white t-shirt knit, the neck bands are microfibre, and the tabs and yoke are a poly/cotton shirting. Phew!
Now that I've worn this top a couple of times, I would try and use a balance the weights of the fabric a bit more if I do this again - which could happen, I love the look. But it does shift around a bit. And a note about this pattern - the sleeves are pretty shapeless tubes, and I may taper them to be more fitted.
|Sleeve tabs - I probably spent just as long searching for the perfect D rings as sewing it up! I settled for alright D rings in the end. I wanted them to be just an eighth of an inch smaller, and more brassy.|
|A better idea of the true colours.|
So there you have it, another happily finished make!