The Consolation Prize Blouse

I picked up Colette Pattern's Sencha when Macaron was unavailable at my local store. It wasn't what I came in for, but I did not want to leave empty handed! 



Since I wasn't at all sure this pattern would suit me, I chose an inexpensive but nice coloured polyester to test the pattern - a wearable mock-up, if it turned out. The fabric was a pain to cut, very slippery, and it was just as grr-inducing to finish the seams, but the final product is pretty pleasing. To accomodate my short-waistedness, I shortened the pattern 3/4" above the waist, and added 2" to the hem. As you can see, I'm wearing the blouse untucked, and any length lacking above the waist, I more than make up for in rise. I just continued the tucks to the hem without really worrying about them. And due to the crazy-making fabric, I finished the sleeve hems on the machine. No hand sewing on this baby! I also lowered the neckline all around by 1". I like to show my collar bones.


The toughest thing about this blouse was choosing buttons - I originally thought I would use something more flashy, but was paralysed by indecision, so went with self covered buttons in the end. I'm quite happy with them. Looking at how loose the back is in the photos, I will consider making the next one a bit smaller.

Next one, you say? Well, I thought that since there are 3 views to the pattern, and I have a shortage of blouses, I might make up another one or even two, and use the Sencha as my One Week, One Pattern  candidate. I was really excited when I heard about this challenge, but the last week in March is going to be very busy at work, and I just don't think I'll be able to crank out another 2 blouses by then. So I'll be postponing my "One Week" until the end of April.

Hope I can break out of the button rut for the next round!

Comments

  1. It looks great on you! I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I seem to be on a green kick...

      Delete
  2. The Sencha really suits you. And you chose a wonderful color. I've had issues fitting it and now I'm inspired to give it another go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts