Party in the Back

Here we have it - plain t-shirt blouse from the front...


And lace from the back!

Just ignore those tan lines!

I've seen a few tops like this on the street and in the stores, and decided to make one up myself! I traced around a top I like, and made a 1" facing for the neck. The facing is the solid fabric on the back as well as the front. I thought about a lace facing, but this offers more stability, and looks just fine. The only really odd thing about making up this little beauty was finishing the hem and sleeve hems before sewing the side and shoulder seams. Kind of counter-intuitive, but I serged and turned up the lace hems, and used a narrow hem for the front sleeves, and a regular 1" hem for the front body.

I've had this skirt for a while now, and it's tricky to find things to wear with it! The blouse has had other pairings, jeans and wide linen trousers, and both of those were quite nice. Not sure about the skirt, but I had to give it a try.


And yes, those are my very own roses - which are left to their own devices most of the time!




Comments

Popular Posts