Friday, 10 May 2013

Week 1: Me Made May 13

Week One is complete! Here's how I wore my Me Mades this week. I realize now it was a largely self-drafted week. I love sewing from patterns, I find it relaxing to just follow instructions, but if when inspiration strikes, I won't let lack of a pattern stop me.
Bright Green Jeans: Self-drafted, unblogged.
Worn: To work.
Blouse: Colette Sencha with yellow buttons.
Worn: To work, for an extra long day. The bright colours gave me a boost.

Top: Self-drafted, made many years pre-blog.
Worn: To work, then on Saturday for errands.
Yes, I just wore the same outfit two days in a row. That happens sometimes.

Top: Ashes Blouse, blogged here.
Worn: To work.

 Top: Party in the Back, blogged here.
Worn: To work.
I was really pleased with the grey/mustard/ivory colour combo.

Day 7 was a work day filled with cleaning and lifting heavy boxes. No me-mades that day, I'm afraid. It was jeans and a t-shirt I wasn't afraid to get dirty.

All in all, I'm pleased with my first week's results. It was a busy work week, so not too much time for fun stuff, or sewing. We had excellent weather, which certainly helped - it was an explosion of spring flowers everywhere! I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else has been up to, via the Flickr pool.

See you soon!

3 comments:

  1. The first and last are my favorites too!! Love that pink blouse as well! Looks like you are having so much fun with the me-made-mays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfits. You have some great pieces there! Glad to see I'm not the only one wanting to wear things a couple days in a row.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it works one day, it should work the next! Thanks!

      Delete